Re: JavaScript page naming, round B

On 7/10/2013 9:40 AM, PhistucK wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com
> <mailto:maxpolk@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     This proves that we have precedent for a more flat structure among
>     peers situated under a few carefully selected parent pages, in
>     this case, dom/objects, dom/methods, dom/events, dom/properties, etc.
>

> ​That is something that needs to be fixed per the latest guidelines
> (when we agreed on the path structures for APIs). Events, methods and
> properties should be under the object to which they belong. DOM is
> just a low priority namespace right now, so the structure was not
> fixed yet.
>

> ☆*PhistucK*

By "latest guidelines" I found this, is this the correct location?

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Content/Reference_articles

There I see JavaScript statements begin with js/statements, and
JavaScript operators begin with js/operators.There is no JavaScript
objects prefix, and if it is missing I assume to follow suit it would
then be js/objects.

Or is this the location of the latest guidelines?

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Architecture

Our recent discussions about page location seem to match neither of
these two pages very well.

The architecture page is more voluminous, showing things like
js/objects, js/functions, js/statements, and so forth.However, it looks
like js/operators was moved to javascript/operators, so maybe that's
still undecided:

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/js/operators

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/javascript/operators

As to the forms themselves, the New Page link for a JavaScript operator:

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:New_Page#JavaScript_Operator

Takes you to a form edit that seems to be based on:

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Form:JavaScript_Operator

Searching for JavaScript forms I see perhaps only two so far: JavaScript
Operator and JavaScript Statement form.

So based on everything above, I assert that:

* I need the latest guidelines location

* We need to decide on page location for objects

* We need to update the (right) guidelines page to include objects

* We need to create a form for JavaScript Objects

Only after this do I believe I can have any chance at moving forward
converting the raw material into forms-compliant content.Sadly, the more
I dig the more I realize I don't know.Happily, the wisdom of ignorance
is a critical step in learning. :-)