Re: WPWG Vendor Neutrality (was Re: Update on Web Payments Working Group)

RE: "That does not mean that we should give up now" ''Let's go through a
few more options,

+1

But...

RE: 'before suggesting that this work needs to be done elsewhere."

To situate my earlier comments, in many/most negotiations it's valuable to
be psychologically and pragmatically prepared to walk. In the core
reference on conflict resolution "Getting to Yes" [1], it's called your
BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) [2].

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_to_Yes
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_alternative_to_a_negotiated_agreement

It's often useful to be up front and explicit about your BATNA so that the
other party can fully reflect on the consequences.

Joseph Potvin