Re: Web Payments Telecon Minutes for 2014-01-29

On 01/29/2014 07:07 PM, msporny@digitalbazaar.com wrote:

[...]
> Manu Sporny:  I also spoke with Hannes Tschofenig from the IETF's
>    Advisory Board about Web Payments yesterday.
> Manu Sporny:  We're going to try and present the web payments
>    work at the next IETF plenary which is in march in london, i'm
>    trying to find money to fly me out there to do a presentation on
>    our work here.
Can you imagine scenario where people willing to support your trip to
London could *Transfer* for you very precise *Asset* - {number o air
kilometers at certain aviation companies}? In the end you *seek* flight
from one place to another place, which some of aviation services
*makesOffer*. Nowadays you can take very popular path to arrange it by
using some generic (~meaningless) tokens like ISO 4217 currencies. You
could also choose to use instead/additionally some other tokens,
including ones bound very directly to physical reality and carrying
particular semantic meaning :)

Maybe interesting use case for
https://web-payments.org/specs/source/payment-intents/ ? If you don't
raise enough airkm to make it for that IETF event, promised *Transfers*
would not complete!

<><owl:seeAlso><http://dbpedia.org/resource/Frequent-flyer_program>

:)