Re: Deprecation Warnings for currencies used in transaction?

On 01/02/2014 07:33 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> I would like to work on recommendation explaining how to issue
> deprecation warnings for currencies of one's own choice. In case
> someone doesn't feel familiar with concept of deprecation, please
> just see article on Wikipedia[1]

I think this is a simple matter of placing the deprecation warning in
the listing, something like this (note the last two entries):

{
   "@context": "https://w3id.org/payswarm/v1",
   "id": "http://example.com/articles/1#listing-eur",
   "type": ["Offering", "Listing"],
   "asset": "http://example.org/articles/1#asset",
   "assetHash": "14618b56ff597a2fed560db9aa0610fe442106a4",
   "license": "http://example.org/licenses/blogging",
   "licenseHash": "0d8866836917f8ef58af44accb6efab9a10610ad",
   notice: "I prefer to be paid in Bitcoin.",
   preferredListing: "http://example.com/articles/1#listing-btc"
}

We currently don't have the concept of a "notice", but could add it to
give a hint to payment processors to "display" a particular piece of
text to a customer. The preferredListing could be used by one listing to
point to another listing that is preferred, for a variety of reasons.

Thoughts?

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/