Re: Statement on web-payments.org: "participates heavily in work at the IETF"

On 02/08/2014 05:04 PM, Frode Kileng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just took a look at the new web-payments.org site. The text at
> https://web-payments.org/#tech states regarding the Web Payments
> Community Group:
>
>     "/also participates heavily in work at the //Internet Engineering
>     Task Force (IETF) <http://ietf.org>//./"
>
> After attending IETF meetings for 10 years and closely following the
> mailing lists for 20 years, this comes as a surprise for me. I've
> never heard anything about, or from, the CG work and contributions at
> any physical meetings or any mailing lists.

In particular, the work is also not aligned with the WebCrypto API (as
Manu rejects algorithm agility) or the JOSE specs (ditto I guess). Would
appreciate to now what's going on there before the Web Payments
workshop. As the W3C Crypto API (and thus, to an extent JOSE) is being
implemented across all major browsers, it would behoove Web Payments to
be more involved and take in input.

Also, there has been considerable confusion with the Web Payments
"representing" the W3C at events, when in fact, he is not an employee of
the W3C nor as the work of the CG been approved by W3C - and thanks for
toning down the web-page. You may want to do the same with the IETF in
order to avoid similar confusion.

Lastly, how many implementations of the Web Payments work exist?

    cheers,
     harry