Taking on Google/Apple? Re: Apple AppStore revenues - 85%+ come from games

On 2014-12-10 15:47, Stephane Boyera wrote:
> my 2cts:
>
> *i'm not entirely sure i understand how in-app payment is different to
> usual checkout apart from the fact that in most cases, particularly for
> games, it is micro-payment? you have a product to buy, the app receive a
> message the product has been paid, and it is delivered to the user
> (digital content)?
> *I'm not sure i understand in which way the topic (game) has any impact
> on the payment part? today 99% of app business model is on freemium
> (free+in-app model) (see the great slideshow of business insider:
> THE FUTURE OF MOBILE: 2014
> http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-of-the-mobile-industry-2014-11#-1
> )

These systems are proprietary, not publicly documented and frequently updated
as well as being owned and run by giant companies that have all the resources
they need and more.

What exactly would we be selling?

It seems like a more reasonable goal creating useful technology for the traditional
players since they have an unchallenged track record of failing :-)  I don't think
we would meet GOOG or APPL here either...

Anders