[use cases] Re: Important Accessibility Requirement or Consideration for Web Payments work

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:08:55 -0400
To: public-webpayments-ig@w3.org
On 03/29/2015 05:28 AM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
>> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/fc8c0a2277b1fe80f9813e9be26991c5fe49a7be
>
>> Note that this is tricky, since we want to reduce payment
> "friction".
>
> I suspect the way this plays out is that where we do introduce
> something like that, we allow things like limit-setting (so many
> transactions, with such-and-such a cap, for a given time period…).
> Note that this has also been considered important in areas like harm
> minimisation for gambling systems, as well as being a fairly common
> practice in managing corporate spending where thresholds are set for
> reporting requirements (analagously to legal cash transaction
> reporting requirements as it happens).

Some text has been added to attempt to clarify some of your point, Chaals:

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/55ea650d78a046cd3a8b2a8f33f6ca3999da4322

The rest of your point will most likely be made via the pending use
cases that will most likely go in after the FPWD that include things
like "budgets" (aka limit-setting / harm-minimization).

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.