Re: Important Accessibility Requirement or Consideration for Web Payments work

29.03.2015, 06:24, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>:
> On 03/28/2015 02:18 PM, Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL wrote:
>>  While doing my review of the Web Payments Use Cases FPWD today it
>>  occurred to me that somewhere in our documentation on requirements
>>  there should be some place to include a core W2C WCAG2 accessibility
>>  requirement for financial transactions.
>
> Done.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/fc8c0a2277b1fe80f9813e9be26991c5fe49a7be

Note that this is tricky, since we want to reduce payment "friction".

I suspect the way this plays out is that where we do introduce something like that, we allow things like limit-setting (so many transactions, with such-and-such a cap, for a given time period…). Note that this has also been considered important in areas like harm minimisation for gambling systems, as well as being a fairly common practice in managing corporate spending where thresholds are set for reporting requirements (analagously to legal cash transaction reporting requirements as it happens).

But we should actively check what we do in this space with the relevant WAI groups - WCAG, and the Cognitive Accessibility task force.

cheers

Chaals