Re: any volunteers to chair the webid cg?

Hi all,

I am considering to apply as chair at the moment. I previously was
involved in the RDB2RDF XG Group that lead to R2RML, then the W3C
standards ITS-2.0  and SHACL as well as previously chairing the BPMLOD
Community Group [1]. However,  before I apply, I would like to clarify
1. goals as well as the 2. the WebID definition.

Especially 2. definition is a hard blocker IMHO. There seems to be a lot
of confusion about every point here and the lack of foundation seems to
make it very difficult to reach consensus in any way (also lack of clear
goals and defined use cases).

# What is a WebID?

Maybe we can start with a simple question. Regarding
https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html does WebID require point
1 , 1&2  or 1&2&3.

I would probably consider point 1 to be sufficient as identification and
even allow URNs.  Although, the "Web" in WebID implies that it SHOULD or
MUST be on the web.

# Identifier vs. Identity vs. Person

webid:Person is mapped to foaf:Person at the moment. <#me> a foaf:Person
means that <#me> is the identifier, that identifies a real-world
person.  So the identifier and actual person is clear. But where or what
is actually the "identity"? Semantically, I understand "identification"
. Does this follow some logical school or framework with a definition?
Or is it just implicitly assumed that the Person and the Web Identity
are the same thing, although one is digital and one is physical (so
possibly not identical) and both are identified by the same identifier.

-- Sebastian

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/