Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

Wow this exploded fast.

I still haven't seen any justification as to why a specific
serialization should be mandated, or why it should be JSON-LD.

Of course have WebID and Linked Data to do with content negotiation,
as they are a subset of the WWW.
If some software does only read JSON and cannot negotiate multiple RDF
formats, then fix that software. Conneg is managed automatically if
one is using a proper HTTP/REST framework.

The only complaint I can identify with on this thread is the browser
UI for the client certificates. We have worked around it by deploying
two webapp instances -- one read-only on port 443 that does not prompt
for client certs, and another read-write on a different port that
does.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for browser vendors to improve this.
But that is a shortcoming of the browsers, and not of the WebID
protocol.

Martynas
atomgraph.com