Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

Hi Martynas,

On 21.01.22 14:11, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Agents should use content negotiation to retrieve the most appropriate
> RDF format. WebID documents are not different from Linked Data in
> general in that respect.

Content negotiation is a cool method to deliver different formats. I
have a question for this one actually. Is there some official document
that describes the relation between content negotiation and linked data?
It isn't mentioned here:
https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html  and otherwise I only
know this one: https://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/    . LDP mentions it in
4.3.2 HTTP GET  . They also follow an approach, where only Turtle and
JSON-LD are a MUST and also define Turtle as the default. Any other
document that is relevant and official here?

We recently started to put our WebIDs on github.io:
https://kurzum.github.io/webid.ttl  (sufficient security for
non-critical services). Not sure, github.io even allows content
negotiation. It is quite obvious that each additional MUST requirement
in the WebID spec or any WebID spec will add a barrier towards adoption.
Not sure, if there are strong use cases for the content negotiation MUST.

I found it quite practical, that you can just put a file on a web server
(in this case github.io ) to serve as webid.

Anyhow, I see that the "Wallet Connect" login in Crypto became quite
adopted with hundred of wallet implementations, so maybe a similar
technology like WebID (probably based on pure JSON) will be developed
and widely adopted from this side.

-- Sebastian