Re: Should we add variable font instancing to the patch/subset protocol

I think this is a good idea as well—though Chris raises an important point about an axis or range dropped then being added on a subsequent page likely becoming an issue. It would be good to look at what that would save in time/data versus the cost (how complex is this to do: does it then require much more complexity on the part of the server and more processing power on the client to do). I think it’s worth it to experiment and see if the net result is worth the effort (axis dropping/reinstatement being the bigger issue I’d imaging)

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the call: I’ve got a conflict for a few more weeks during this time slot, but only for the next month or so.

Jason