Re: WOFF 2.0: Known Table Tags Proposal

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@google.com> wrote:

> Thanks David.  Your code may be buggy with tags that have space in them.
>  It doesn't make sense that you didn't find any "cvt " or "CFF ".  Other
> than that, I suggest dropping EPAR as well as anything that shouldn't be in
> a final shipped product (VTT, etc).

Great points Behdad, I should have elaborated in my earlier emails.

The tool that I used was 'showttf' on Linux, which did segfault on some of
the files.  A better tool would have been fonttools, esp. due to the
worldclass support from you. :)

The collection of fonts (while good sized) did not contain PostScript/CFF
fonts.  I need a bigger test set.

> Really, lets just keep this to the union of OpenType spec, Apple TrueType,
> Graphite, and color fonts.

Regarding the Apple TrueType font tables, given that so few are likely
still in use today, would it make since to whittle down the list a bit?  Or
perhaps again, my test collection was too limited.