RE: WOFF without same origin restriction in Opera?

[John Daggett:]
> Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>
> > And I also believe other issues are far more important than this one.
> > Today, we run into fonts that IE9 rejects in accordance with the spec
> > but load fine in Firefox.
>
> These are fonts that should be rejected because of same origin
> restrictions? If so, that's a bug and should be fixed.  Do you have
> examples of this?  We should make sure the test suite contains any
> examples that appear to be handled inconsistently across implementations.

No, they are fonts that should be rejected based on WOFF conformance
criteria i.e. invalid data in a table. Sergey can give you exact
examples; the last one was served by Typekit.

The obvious scenario here being browsers being at different levels of
conformance and thus the same font loading/failing depending on the
browser. And if implementing these criteria screws up pages that work
today, we browser makers may find ourselves facing a strong disincentive
to implement certain checks depending on their impact. (Or maybe face a
strong incentive to undo one).