Re: WOFF without same origin restriction in Opera?

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> I'm not sure where this rant can get us. Granted, it's far more articulate
> and intelligent than 'Fuck the Foundries' but when the rhetorical bar is that
> low, pretty much anything goes...

I was aiming for something better than a 'rant'. I really am perplexed
by what Opera are doing since a) the SOR requirement has been in the
WOFF spec since it was first submitted to W3C, b) Opera co-sponsored
that spec, and c) they have, to my knowledge, made no formal objection
to the presence of the SOR requirement in subsequent versions of the
spec. I pondered this since Christopher brought it to our attention, and
finally decided that although I was having trouble understanding this
behaviour I wasn't comfortable letting it pass without comment.

As to where this 'rant' -- was it really so bad? -- can get us, well, it
got us to you writing a lengthy and well reasoned commentary on the
situation. Thank you.

JH