Re: WOFF without same origin restriction in Opera?

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> > These are fonts that should be rejected because of same
> > origin restrictions? If so, that's a bug and should be fixed.
> >  Do you have examples of this?  We should make sure the test
> > suite contains any examples that appear to be handled
> > inconsistently across implementations.
>
> No, they are fonts that should be rejected based on WOFF
> conformance criteria i.e. invalid data in a table. Sergey can
> give you exact examples; the last one was served by Typekit.

Ah, ok, that's a much simpler matter.  We haven't reflected
changes in the latest version of the spec yet, so I'm sure it's
possible there are places where we aren't rejecting fonts
properly.  I think the key here is to assure that those cases are
captured in the test suite, then we can be assured that all
implementations will reject correctly.

I don't think it makes sense to undo checks because Firefox
hasn't implemented them yet.  Let us know the specifics and I'll
make sure we log an issue to get that fixed.

Regards,

John Daggett