Re: Curriculum structures up on the Wiki!

Chris Mills wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2011, at 18:19, Doug Schepers wrote:
>
>> Hi, Chris, folks-
>>
>> On 12/8/11 7:21 AM, Chris Mills wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just to let you know, the marvellous Mr Doug Schepers has started
>>> putting the WaSP InterACT curriculum structures we've inherited from
>>> the WaSP on to our Wiki
>>
>> I've now added a first draft of all the curriculum materials from WaSP
>> InterACT that we have permissions from the author to use:
>> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Interact_Curriculum
>>
>> I also added a note on the history of WaSP InterACT:
>> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Interact/WaSP
>>
>> The pages are still rough, probably with many formatting errors that I would
>> appreciate help on.  They are decidely ugly compared to the gorgeous WaSP
>> originals, but we will fix that in time.
>>
>> Importantly, I don't yet have the profile pages for the contributors... I
>> will be getting in touch with each of them to ask for current bios and links.
>>
>> (I will soon be putting up a page on this project's licenses and how reusers
>> can provide attribution to specific content, including the original authors
>> and contributors.)
>>

> Cheers for all your work here Doug - this is fabulous.
>
> So, any volunteers to start going through these courses and making/suggesting
> updates? Who fancies working on curricula?
>

>>> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Main_Page#Curriculum_structures
>>>
>>> At some point soon, I'll need a group of people to look at these
>>> courses, bring them up to date, add in updated references, including
>>> books and links to our learning material, and work out what new
>>> courses we need.
>>
>> I included in the list of courses some suggested course titles that were
>> listed as "under development" on the WaSP site.  I don't know the status of
>> those, but if you are interested in working on those topics, you should get
>> in touch with the WaSP folks (I can give you the contact info), so we don't
>> duplicate effort and to keep a fair, collaborative relationship going with
>> WaSP.  Obviously, they are able to reuse any of our changes under CC-BY, but
>> we'd also like be friendly, and hopefully have more contributions from them,
>> too.
>>

>>> Educators, I'm particularly interested in hearing from you about what
>>> you think of these curriculum structures - how useful they are to
>>> you, and what we could do to make them more useful.
>>
>> Yes, same here!
>>

>> I note that the term "(X)HTML" is used widely throughout the curriculum; we
>> may wish to change to the term "HTML", if we consider that a current best
>> practice.
>
> We are using HTML5 as the markup standard throughout the rest of the material,
> so yes, we should change it to HTML, imo, for consistency's sake.

I would be willing to go through the Web Design I & II courses to change
(X)HTML to HTML.

I also want to point out that I created an introductory HTML5 module that
was never published on the http://interact.webstandards.org/ site, but it is
ready to go on the WaSP EduTF wiki. I can provide the URL if you want it.

Virginia DeBolt

Author: http://vdebolt.com/
Blogging at http://www.webteacher.ws/
        http://first50.wordpress.com/