Re: Curriculum structures up on the Wiki!

On 8 Dec 2011, at 18:19, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Hi, Chris, folks-
>
> On 12/8/11 7:21 AM, Chris Mills wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just to let you know, the marvellous Mr Doug Schepers has started
>> putting the WaSP InterACT curriculum structures we've inherited from
>> the WaSP on to our Wiki
>
> I've now added a first draft of all the curriculum materials from WaSP InterACT that we have permissions from the author to use:
> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Interact_Curriculum
>
> I also added a note on the history of WaSP InterACT:
> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Interact/WaSP
>
> The pages are still rough, probably with many formatting errors that I would appreciate help on.  They are decidely ugly compared to the gorgeous WaSP originals, but we will fix that in time.
>
> Importantly, I don't yet have the profile pages for the contributors... I will be getting in touch with each of them to ask for current bios and links.
>
> (I will soon be putting up a page on this project's licenses and how reusers can provide attribution to specific content, including the original authors and contributors.)

Cheers for all your work here Doug - this is fabulous.

So, any volunteers to start going through these courses and making/suggesting updates? Who fancies working on curricula?

>> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Main_Page#Curriculum_structures
>>
>> At some point soon, I'll need a group of people to look at these
>> courses, bring them up to date, add in updated references, including
>> books and links to our learning material, and work out what new
>> courses we need.
>
> I included in the list of courses some suggested course titles that were listed as "under development" on the WaSP site.  I don't know the status of those, but if you are interested in working on those topics, you should get in touch with the WaSP folks (I can give you the contact info), so we don't duplicate effort and to keep a fair, collaborative relationship going with WaSP.  Obviously, they are able to reuse any of our changes under CC-BY, but we'd also like be friendly, and hopefully have more contributions from them, too.
>

>> Educators, I'm particularly interested in hearing from you about what
>> you think of these curriculum structures - how useful they are to
>> you, and what we could do to make them more useful.
>
> Yes, same here!
>

> I note that the term "(X)HTML" is used widely throughout the curriculum; we may wish to change to the term "HTML", if we consider that a current best practice.

We are using HTML5 as the markup standard throughout the rest of the material, so yes, we should change it to HTML, imo, for consistency's sake.