Re: Curriculum structures up on the Wiki!

Hi, Chris, folks-

On 12/8/11 7:21 AM, Chris Mills wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to let you know, the marvellous Mr Doug Schepers has started
> putting the WaSP InterACT curriculum structures we've inherited from
> the WaSP on to our Wiki

I've now added a first draft of all the curriculum materials from WaSP
InterACT that we have permissions from the author to use:
  http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Interact_Curriculum

I also added a note on the history of WaSP InterACT:
  http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Interact/WaSP

The pages are still rough, probably with many formatting errors that I
would appreciate help on.  They are decidely ugly compared to the
gorgeous WaSP originals, but we will fix that in time.

Importantly, I don't yet have the profile pages for the contributors...
I will be getting in touch with each of them to ask for current bios and
links.

(I will soon be putting up a page on this project's licenses and how
reusers can provide attribution to specific content, including the
original authors and contributors.)

> http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Main_Page#Curriculum_structures
>
>  At some point soon, I'll need a group of people to look at these
> courses, bring them up to date, add in updated references, including
> books and links to our learning material, and work out what new
> courses we need.

I included in the list of courses some suggested course titles that were
listed as "under development" on the WaSP site.  I don't know the status
of those, but if you are interested in working on those topics, you
should get in touch with the WaSP folks (I can give you the contact
info), so we don't duplicate effort and to keep a fair, collaborative
relationship going with WaSP.  Obviously, they are able to reuse any of
our changes under CC-BY, but we'd also like be friendly, and hopefully
have more contributions from them, too.

> Educators, I'm particularly interested in hearing from you about what
> you think of these curriculum structures - how useful they are to
> you, and what we could do to make them more useful.

Yes, same here!

I note that the term "(X)HTML" is used widely throughout the curriculum;
we may wish to change to the term "HTML", if we consider that a current
best practice.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Developer Relations
Project Coordinator, SVG, WebApps, Touch Events, and Audio WGs