Re: Certificate Management Protocol with RFC4210

Hi Mountie,

If you just care about certificate management, and not CMP specifically, you might also look at EST, which provides a pretty simple binding of CMC over HTTP:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pkix-est-05>

After a brief read, it looks to me like EST could be implemented with WebCrypto, using a key pair generated with the API.  Actually, doing EST from a browser would make the issues related to TLS client authentication a little easier.  The server would just do whatever client authentication it normally does, then do EST to request/issue the certificate.  The certificate could obviously be stored anywhere.

--Richard