Re: crypto-ISSUE-26 (multi-origin access): Should key generation be allowed to specify multi-origin shared access [Web Cryptography API]

I think at first the single-origin concept for this API was short-sighted as we will not have the ability to build decentralized, non-walled-garden applications.

On the question of whether an approved-origin for a specific key can approve further origins: This operation is perhaps better and more securely handled by the browser implementation. I can imagine an implementation prompting the user for approval when an attempt to use a key is initiated x-domain for the first time, with the browser updating the key origin access list with "remember this choice" checked, etc...

Cheers,

David