Re: [blink-dev] Must have SSL or dedicated IP address?

From: Victor Costan <pwnall@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 16:03:10 -0700
To: Christian Trujillo <blessingwave@hotmail.com>
Cc: public-webappsec@w3.org, blink-dev <blink-dev@chromium.org>, security-dev@chromium.org, dev-security@lists.mozilla.org
Separately from Chrome's policy: your ISP might be trying to sell you
things you don't need.

You can get SSL certificates for free from Let's Encrypt and StartSSL. You
don't need a dedicated IP for SSL, thanks to SNI (Server Name Indication).

I hope this helps you migrate to SSL. If you care about your vistor count,
you probably care about your site being shown to your visitors exactly as
you intended it to be. Without SSL, you're vulnerable to things like ad
injection, which could degrade your visitors' experience and negatively
impact your retention rate.

Hope this helps,
    Victor