Re: [REFERRER] Call for Consensus: Referrer Policy to Candidate Recommenation

From: Emily Stark <estark@google.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 09:09:34 -0700
To: Evan J Johnson <e@ejj.io>
Cc: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
Hi Evan,
If the browser recognizes the policy in a meta tag as a valid policy, then
it would override any policy set by a header for the document. This is
mentioned in
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-referrer-policy/#unknown-policy-values
("the value of the latest one will be used"), though I'd happily take
suggestions on how to make it clearer!
Emily