Re: new meta tags to protect code visibility or immuatbility

Ahmed,

 These kinds of proposals come up fairly regularly.  Aside from the
considerable technical difficulties in doing anything effective in this
space, we generally consider them to be a violation of the HTML Priority of
Constituencies which is part of our charter.

https://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/#priority-of-constituencies

"In case of conflict, consider users over authors over implementors over
specifiers over theoretical purity. In other words costs or difficulties to
the user should be given more weight than costs to authors; which in turn
should be given more weight than costs to implementors; which should be
given more weight than costs to authors of the spec itself, which should be
given more weight than those proposing changes for theoretical reasons
alone. Of course, it is preferred to make things better for multiple
constituencies at once."

The right of users to be in control of their browsing experience and their
own computer outweighs the desire of authors to control what users can see
and how they can interact with it.  This protects important rights, for
example, the ability of a blind user to use a screen reader, or the right
to automatically translate content, or just do silly stuff like
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xkcd-substitutions/jkgogmboalmaijfgfhfepckdgjeopfhk?hl=en
experience the web the way they want to.

Sincerely,

Brad Hill