Re: Proposal to add a browsing context named "_private"

Something similar to this was discussed a few months ago on this list:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Sep/0016.html

The biggest issue I see is that this could be easily abused by
phishing/malware sites.

The proposal considered sites that tailored towards victims of domestic
abuse.  But if the victim found the page through a search engine, the
search terms would still be in their history.  And hence opening the
abuse site in a private window may give victims a false sense of
security.  A web API that caused the browser to ask the user if they
wanted to clear that last X minutes of their history may be more useful.

~Tanvi