Re: Split the `w3c/webappsec` respository?

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 07:18:52 +0200
To: Jonathan Kingston <jonathan@jooped.com>
Cc: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Jonathan Kingston <jonathan@jooped.com>
wrote:

> Granular access rights seems like the only immediate win here.

1. Granular notifications have cropped up a few times. It's not currently
possible to subscribe to SRI notifications but not CSP notifications, for
instance.

2. Splitting the repositories will let us trivially start using the new
publication mechanism to push drafts to `w3.org/TR/*` with every commit.
That would be exciting.

> Would published specifications still just go to a centralised repo or
> would the main repo just link to the individual specification repos?

The latter, I think. Basically, I'd take the structure that currently
exists, and redirect users that visit the existing URLs to the new URL.
I'll try to spell this out in more detail today.

-mike