Re: Couple comments on Subresource Integrity

Regarding explicit specification of content-type, consider if we eventually
decided to use the hash identifiers for retrieving things from some type of
content-addressable-storage.  The browser might have the correct bits
laying around, but they may have been delivered over a non-HTTP mechanism
or the original headers may not have been preserved.

Using a standard format also is how we start to build an ecosystem around
these ideas.  In the future you might be able to use a local CDN that
allows ni:// urls to be used like magnet links, etc.

I'd rather reference a 20 page spec that's done and add a new algorithm to
the already-established registry than re-invent 10 or even 5 pages inline
with this one unless there are good reasons not to use the existing spec.
 Saving a few bytes hasn't convinced me yet.