Re: Call for Consensus: Subresource Integrity to FPWD.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:21 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> Hello, lovely webappsecians. Remember that lively discussion we had in
> January? Let's pick that back up again.
>
> This is a call for consensus to accept the following draft of Subresource
> Integrity as a First Public Working Draft:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/subresourceintegrity/
>
> Subresource Integrity defines a mechanism by which user agents may verify
> that a fetched resource has been delivered without unexpected manipulation.
> There's still quite a bit of work to be done, but I believe we're in good
> shape for an initial publication. Do you agree?

I think issue 4 is critical.

For issue 7, I would think that metadata could be omitted for
resources from the same origin because that's the source of the
metadata in the first place and so must be trusted.

I think issues 10-12 need to be resolved either by omitting these
elements from the v1 spec, or including a progressive hashing mode.

Additionally, srcset[1] contains some challenges and probably merits
an issue in the draft.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/srcset/w3c-srcset/

Cheers

AGL