Re: IDBOpenDBRequest Error event - typo in spec?

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Suresh Kumar .M <sureshkm@nobso.com> wrote:

> Hi WG,
> When there is an error while opening up a DB, the interface
> IDBOpenDBRequest triggers the onerror event with an Event interface that
> has error details. Looks like this event can be cancelled in the actual
> implementation. But the spec seems to be just opposite, so i'm not sure if
> there is a typo with this statement "The event does bubble but is not
> cancelable".
>
> Chrome and Firefox implementation shows its cancelable.
>
> https://www.w3.org/TR/IndexedDB/#widl-IDBFactory-open-IDBOpenDBRequest-
> DOMString-name-unsigned-long-long-version
>
> If my understanding is wrong, please provide me some details. Thank you!

Regardless of implementations, it doesn't make sense for it to be
cancelable; there is nothing to cancel when an open() or deleteDatabase()
call fails.

Also, there's no event propagation path for those requests, so I don't see
how bubbling makes sense either.

That is unchanged in the editor's draft (https://w3c.github.io/IndexedDB)
but I've filed a bug for further discussion:
https://github.com/w3c/IndexedDB/issues/86