Re: [Web Components] proposing a f2f...

Maybe we could have separate meetings (or days) for shadow DOM and for custom elements? I am concerned that with this growing list of shadow DOM topics we will not have time for custom elements, which would be disappointing for those of us traveling specifically for that.

As for dates: If we go for late January, the 26th through 28th collide with TC39, but the 25th or 29th would be ideal for me, since it would allow travel consolidation. December also works, with no conflicts.

From: "Takayoshi Kochi (河内 隆仁)" <kochi@google.com>
Sent: Oct 30, 2015 2:52 PM
To: Ryosuke Niwa
Cc: Cynthia Shelly; Chris Wilson; Travis Leithead; Dimitri Glazkov; Olli Pettay; Chaals McCathie Nevile; public-webapps WG
Subject: Re: [Web Components] proposing a f2f...

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com<mailto:rniwa@apple.com>> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:47 AM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com<mailto:cwilso@google.com>> wrote:
>
> Or host in Seattle.  :)
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com<mailto:travis.leithead@microsoft.com>> wrote:
>> I would prefer a late January date so as to allow me to arrange travel. Otherwise, I’m happy to attend remotely anytime.

I'm okay with either option with a slight preference on having it earlier since we didn't have much time discussing custom elements at TPAC.

I would like to resolve the following issues for shadow DOM:
1. Clarify focus navigation
2. Clarify selection behavior (at least make it interoperable to JS)
3. Decide on the style cascading order

In addition, I'd propose

+ Decide on style inheritance (https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues/314)

And the following issues for custom elements:
4. Construction model. Do we do sync / almost-sync / dance?
5. Do we support upgrading?  If we do, how?

Any other issues?

- R. Niwa

--
Takayoshi Kochi