Re: Normative references to Workers.

On 09/15/2015 03:26 PM, Daniel Veditz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com
> <mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     ​there's nothing wrong with reffing WHATWG specs.  It will not delay
>     ​ or hamper​
>
>     publication or Rec-track advancement, despite the
>     ​ occasional misinformed​
>
>     complaint from someone not aware of the
>     ​ ​
>     policies.
>

> ​When the complaint comes from the office of the Director we have to
> assume it's going to hamper us whether or not they are misinformed.

To be clear here: the point made was that the Web Application Security
group never asked for a review from the Web Applications working group
prior to asking for transition to CR. As a consequence, the WebApps
group did not get an opportunity to review the Upgrade Insecure
Resources specification [1], including the reference related to Web Workers.
As a reminder, there is an expectation that the specification has
received wide review prior to the publication of a Candidate Recommendation.

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/upgrade-insecure-requests/