Re: [Shadow] URL-based shadows?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:55:43 +0100
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Cc: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>, "Dimitri Glazkov (dglazkov@google.com)" <dglazkov@google.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arron Eicholz <arronei@microsoft.com>
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Are we OK with a non-URL-based creation model (as used today) being fairly different from a URL-based creation model?

I think so.

> [A] breaking change for existing implementations.

Depending on the changes we make based on

  https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/wiki/Shadow-DOM:-Contentious-Bits

this might already be the case. Also, I believe currently the Web
Components polyfill makes some assumptions about all of Web Components
being supported if you support one of them. So you can't e.g. ship
Custom Elements without HTML Imports... So API changes might already
be necessary just to avoid breaking the web.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/