Re: CfC: publish Proposed Recommendation of Web Messaging; deadline March 28

Den 3/24/2015 20:37, Arthur Barstow skreiv:
> On 3/21/15 1:27 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Arthur
>> Barstow<art.barstow@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> 2.<http://www.w3c-test.org/webmessaging/without-ports/025.html>; this
>>> test
>>> failure (which passes on IE) is considered an implementation bug
>>> (MessageChannel and MessagePort are supposed to be exposed to Worker)
>>> that
>>> is expected to be fixed.
>> I'm not sure that we can really consider lack of support in Workers "a
>> bug". Worker support is generally non-trivial since it requires making
>> an API work off the main thread.
>>
>> That said, mozilla has patches for worker support in progress right
>> now, so hopefully Firefox can serve as second implementation here
>> soon.
>
> Thanks for this info Jonas.
>
> My characterization of this failure wasn't especially good. I think the
> main point with respect to discussing this failure with the Director (or
> someone acting on his behalf) is that the lack of a second
> implementation is not caused by a bug/issue in the spec itself, and that
> at least one other browser vendor already has a relevant patches in
> progress.
>
> Given the large majority of the tests (84/86) have two or more passes
> and the patch you mention above, it seems reasonable to request moving
> this spec to PR now. Is that OK with you or should we consider your
> position a "formal objection"?

Hi,

if it helps, Blink now passes those two failing tests; Chrome
canary/nightly builds have the fixes included.

(Fixes for
http://www.w3c-test.org/webmessaging/without-ports/{008,009}.html should
appear overnight also.)

hth