[appmanifest] No language metadata for 'name' [I18N-ISSUE-415]

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:28:50 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
From Tracker:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-appmanifest-20150212/#name-member

The 'name' manifest member does not provide a way to indicate the language of the string. This may be necessary for proper presentation/rendering of the name, since, for example, different fonts might be selected for different languages (such as when selecting between Japanese and Chinese).

==

Note: this was addressed by [1] and I am only forwarding for completeness.

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2015JanMar/0080.html

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Amazon Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N WG)