Re: template namespace attribute proposal

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 3:14 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [Sorry for the reply-chain breaking; Gmail is being super weird about
> your message in particular, and won't let me reply directly to it.
> Some bug.]
>
> Karl Dubost said:
>> The intersection seems to be:
>> ['a', 'style', 'script', 'track', 'title', 'canvas', 'source', 'video', 'iframe', 'audio', 'font']
>
> Whoops, sorry, forgot about <title>.  We can resolve that conflict in
> favor of SVG; putting an html <title> into a <template> is, I suspect,
> exceedingly rare.

That may be true but the added complexity of <title> inside a template element being special (i.e. it’s treated as SVG instead of HTML) may not be worth the effort.  HTML parser is already complex enough that using a simple rule of always falling back to HTML if element names are ambiguous may result in a better overall developer ergonomics.

- R. Niwa