Re: CORS performance proposal

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:05:13 +0100
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: WebAppSec WG <public-webappsec@w3.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Would this be allowed for both requests with credentials and requests
> without credentials? The security implications of the two are very
> different.

Yes, but the latter requires the Access-Control-Allow-Credentials
header to be included in the response.

An alternative is that we attempt to introduce
Access-Control-Policy-Path again from 2008. The problems you raised
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2008May/0037.html
seem surmountable. URL parsing is defined in more detail these days
and we could simply ban URLs containing escaped \ and /.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/