Re: Are web components *seriously* not namespaced?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:44:08 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>, Glen <glen.84@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, real namespacing does eventually prove necessary as the
> population grows.  That's fine.  It's something that can be added
> organically as necessary; letting everything live in the null
> namespace first doesn't harm future namespacing efforts.

(It shouldn't, but yet when XML added namespacing it did so in a way
that was incompatible with XML itself (see the ":" and the horrible
set of APIs in the DOM we ended up with as a result). And when XHTML
came along it used a namespace whereas HTML did not (we later fixed
that).)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/