Re: Minimum viable custom elements

From: Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 09:02:48 +0000
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Cc: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 29 January 2015 at 19:48, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>  And we have a proposal to do both of these things: decorators [1]

yes, indeed. What is the status of decorators? Last I looked, it had
been removed from the "web components" umbrella, so I thought it had
been sent to a farm upstate, but I haven't been following its progress
particularly closely.

> One more thing.  I would really like if we could stop making claims such as
> web components as currently spec'ed magically improves accessibility because
> it's doing a huge disservice to the future of the Web accessibility.

I'm not certain anyone has made the claim that anything's "magically
improved" ...

They
> don't.  Far from it.  I've pointed out numerous issues with them over the
> last couple of years but none of them have been adequately addressed.

could you provide a pointer to them, please?

bruce