Re: Minimum viable custom elements

> * No subclassing of normal elements for now.

You mean subclassing anything more specific than HTMLElement/SVGElement,
yes?  Presumably we still want subclassing of HTMLElement and maybe
SVGElement?

> * Parsing of declarative syntax invokes the registered constructor
> synchronously.

I would like to understand what this means, exactly.  For example, what
is the proposed behavior of document.write() in the declarative constructor?

This part of the proposal really worries me in terms of implementation
complexity, for what it's worth.

-Boris