Re: Shadow tree style isolation primitive

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:13:02 +0300
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
09.01.2015, 16:42, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl>:
> I'm wondering if it's feasible to provide developers with the
> primitive that the combination of Shadow DOM and CSS Scoping provides.
> Namely a way to isolate a subtree from selector matching (of document
> stylesheets, not necessarily user and user agent stylesheets) and
> requiring a special selector, such as >>>, to pierce through the
> boundary.

Sounds like a reasonable, and perhaps feasible thing to do, but the obvious question is "why?"

The use cases I can think of are to provide the sort of thing we do with BEM today. Is the effort worth it, or are there other things I didn't think of (quite likely, given I spent multiple seconds on the question)?

cheers

Chaals