Re: Shadow tree style isolation primitive

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:04:09 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Tab Atkins <tabatkins@google.com>
On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> tl;dr: Cramming a subtree into a TreeScope container and then hanging
> that off the DOM would do the job "for free" (because it bakes all
> that functionality in).

Sure, or we could expose a property that when set isolates a tree.
Both a lot simpler than requiring ShadowRoot. However, it seems to me
that ideally you can control all of this through CSS. The ability to
isolate parts of a tree and have them managed by some other stylesheet
or selector mechanism.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/