RE: Custom Elements: is=""

From: Léonie Watson <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:07:18 +0100
To: "'Bruce Lawson'" <brucel@opera.com>, "'Patrick H. Lauke'" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: "'Tobie Langel'" <tobie@codespeaks.com>, "'WebApps WG'" <public-webapps@w3.org>
From: Bruce Lawson [mailto:brucel@opera.com]
Sent: 15 June 2015 09:46

On 14 June 2015 at 01:41, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:
> it makes more sense to work on stylability of standard elements.

I'd like to keep the is="" construct (or better name) in the knowledge that it's a stopgap for v1, and put our energies we're currently expending debating this into styling standard elements - which is currently being considered http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-forms/

Will leaving is= (or whatever we call it) in situ create backward compatibility problems later on if/when it changes?

That aside, concentrating efforts on styling native HTML elements makes a lot of sense.

Léonie

--
Léonie Watson - Senior accessibility engineer
@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup PacielloGroup.com