Re: Custom Elements: is=""

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 08:19:23 +0200
To: Léonie Watson <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>
Cc: Justin Fagnani <justinfagnani@google.com>, Joshua Peek <josh@joshpeek.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Léonie Watson
<lwatson@paciellogroup.com> wrote:
> Is there a succinct explanation of why the is= syntax is disliked?

Rather than

  <button is=my-button></button>

you want

  <my-button></my-button>

that just gets all the <button> goodness through composition/inheritance.

Also the fact that you need <form is=my-form> to be able to submit
custom elements is something we should fix in the design of <form>.
That is="" can make certain hacks a little simpler is nice, but that's
not enough to justify standardizing it. I have the feeling we're going
in circles though, since the arguments on both sides have been made
repeatedly for the past x years.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/