Re: Clipboard API: remove dangerous formats from mandatory data types

Hello all,

I think a good solution would then be that UAs do a transcoding, or?
(so the spec should recommend doing it)

I understand that the right-menu "copy image" function has the same
problem except if that one does transcoding (and it probably does, to
offer more native flavours).

That would work fine against attacking pictures that would overflow some
older picture processors.
For those graphic freaks which need the exact bytes (e.g. with a
particular profile etc), I think they can expect the web-app to offer a
download for which there's enough dialogs and protection.

Whether an unfiltered picture file should be expected by copy after some
security-dialog-confirmed process, I do not know. Maybe using
octet-stream is the solution?

thanks

Paul