Re: Clipboard API: remove dangerous formats from mandatory data types

From: Jonathan Kingston <jonathan@jooped.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 02:30:13 +0000
To: "James M. Greene" <james.m.greene@gmail.com>, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Hallvord Steen <hsteen@mozilla.com>, Wez <wez@google.com>, Daniel Cheng <dcheng@google.com>
Is it worth making the user agent prompt the user to confirm the copy if it
detects anything that isn't text?

That is not as bad as disabling a feature when certain input is used
however it would contribute to more error blindness.

Perhaps there should be a note under security considerations that the user
agent should let the underlying OS / antivirus check the copied text.