Re: Custom Elements: insert/remove callbacks

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 18:40:58 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 5/8/15 1:42 AM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
>> That actually seems pretty similar to what we have, ours is in the form
>> of:
>>
>> Node#insertedInto(Node insertionPoint)
>> Node#removedFrom(Node insertionPoint)
>
> To be clear, ours is also in the form of two methods
> (BindToTree/UnbindFromTree) that take various arguments.

The DOM only has insert/remove hooks:

  https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-node-insert-ext
  https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-node-remove-ext

So that seems clearly wrong (in the specification)... Are descendants
notified in tree order?

I filed https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/34 to track this.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/