Re: Custom Elements: insert/remove callbacks

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 08:50:58 -0400
To: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 5/8/15 1:42 AM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
> That actually seems pretty similar to what we have, ours is in the form of:
>
> Node#insertedInto(Node insertionPoint)
> Node#removedFrom(Node insertionPoint)

To be clear, ours is also in the form of two methods
(BindToTree/UnbindFromTree) that take various arguments.  I just
described the conceptual information that one can typically get based on
what all those arguments are.  It also happens that in Gecko the
Bind/Unbind functions aren't pure notification; they are also
responsible for doing things like setting the parent pointer as needed.

But yes, the upshot is that the two cases are pretty similar.  Gecko
doesn't have on hand the exact node that the insertion/removal happened
at, but adding that would not be a big deal.

-Boris