Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:02 AM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:
> > I'm saying:
> > - Composed tree is related with CSS.
> > - Node distribution should be considered as a part of style concept.
>
> Right, I think Ryosuke and I simply disagree with that assessment. CSS
> operates on the composed tree (and forms a render tree from it).
> Events operate on the composed tree. Selection operates on the
> composed tree (likely, we haven't discussed this much).

Selection operates on the render tree. The current selection API is
(completely) busted for modern apps, and a new one is needed that's based
around layout. Flexbox w/ order, positioned objects, distributions, grid,
none of them work with the DOM based API.

- E