Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

> On May 6, 2015, at 11:10 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:02 AM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:
>> > I'm saying:
>> > - Composed tree is related with CSS.
>> > - Node distribution should be considered as a part of style concept.
>>
>> Right, I think Ryosuke and I simply disagree with that assessment. CSS
>> operates on the composed tree (and forms a render tree from it).
>> Events operate on the composed tree. Selection operates on the
>> composed tree (likely, we haven't discussed this much).
>
> Selection operates on the render tree. The current selection API is (completely) busted for modern apps, and a new one is needed that's based around layout. Flexbox w/ order, positioned objects, distributions, grid, none of them work with the DOM based API.

Please state your presumptions like that before making a statement such as composed street is a style concept.

Now, even if selection were to operate on the CSS box tree, of which I will not express my opinion of, event path is still not a style concept.  If you're proposing to make it a style concept, then I just need to object to that.

- R. Niwa