Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 08:08:35 +0200
To: Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org>
Cc: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, Justin Fagnani <justinfagnani@google.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Erik Bryn <erik@erikbryn.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, Steve Orvell <sorvell@google.com>
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:02 AM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:
> I'm saying:
> - Composed tree is related with CSS.
> - Node distribution should be considered as a part of style concept.

Right, I think Ryosuke and I simply disagree with that assessment. CSS
operates on the composed tree (and forms a render tree from it).
Events operate on the composed tree. Selection operates on the
composed tree (likely, we haven't discussed this much). Content can be
found within the composed tree (not just the light tree, see
composition). It's a lot more than just style.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/